Supacolour Promotional Transfer
How to Press Cotton Bags Like a Supastar
Set Temperature and Time
- 320F (160C)
- 12 seconds
Load a Test Bag
If possible, slip the platen through the bag so there is only one layer of fabric on top. Otherwise lay bag on top of the platen. Avoid seams and gussets if possible.
- Manual Press: Tighten dial until the press won’t close. Loosen dial progressively until the press closes, use less pressure for polyester.
- Hotronix and Geo Knight: 8-9
- Pneumatic Press: 40-50 PSI
Pre Press: 5-8 Seconds
Pre pressing releases moisture from the bag, ensuring good contact. Repeat this step until there is no steam.
Position the transfer on the bag. Lay teflon sheet or parchment paper over the Supacolour.
Press 12 Seconds
Hot peel immediately from a corner in one smooth motion. Peel with confidence and without hesitation. Hold down bag with your free hand for better control.
Post-Press: 2 Seconds
Use a teflon sheet or parchment to seal the edges of the Supacolour.
- Always test press on a spoiled or old cotton bag to dial in your press before pressing your production.
- Supacolour always gives you spares so you can dial in your press.
- Supacolour not sticking when you peel? Increase pressure and peel quickly within 2 seconds of lifting press, keep transfer a clear distance from seams and gussets.
- Still won’t peel easily? Repress for 4 seconds then try from a different corner.
- These instructions are your default starting point, settings may vary for different garments and presses.