Supacolour Promotional Transfer
How to Press Umbrellas & Nylon Backpacks Like a Supastar
Set Temperature and Time
- 290F (140C)
- 6-8 seconds
Load a Test Umbrella
Open umbrella and lay on top of the platen, use smallest platen you have. You cannot press over the ribs of the umbrella.
- Manual Press: Tighten dial until the press won’t close. Loosen dial progressively until the press closes, use Med to Low pressure for umbrellas.
- Hotronix and Geo Knight: 6-7
- Pneumatic Press: 30-35 PSI
Pre Press: 4-6 Seconds
Pre press umbrella for 4-6 seconds to take out initial shrinkage.
Position the transfer on the garment. Lay teflon sheet or parchment paper over the Supacolour.
Press 6-8 Seconds
Hot peel immediately from a corner in one smooth motion. Peel with confidence and without hesitation. Hold down umbrella with your free hand for better control.
Post-press: 2 Seconds
Use a teflon sheet or parchment to seal the edges of the Supacolour.
- Always test press on a spoiled or old umbrella to dial in your press before pressing your production.
- Supacolour always gives you spares so you can dial in your press.
- Supacolour not sticking when you peel? Increase pressure and peel quickly within 2 seconds of lifting press, keep transfer a clear distance from umbrella ribs.
- Still won’t peel easily? Repress for 4 seconds then try from a different corner.
- These instructions are your default starting point, settings may vary for different garments and presses.